the motions

Friday, January 9, 2009

Best Of 2008....

After buying the new issue of Paste at Oz Music one Friday I have finally got a chance to sit down and read their list. This has inspired me because I have quite a few issues with it.

Top 10 Albums of the Year 


10. Kings Of Leon - "Only By The Night"
9. She & Him - "Volume One"
8. Colour Revolt - "Plunder, Beg, and Curse"
7. The Raconteurs - "Consolers Of The Lonely"
6. The Whigs - "Mission Control"
5. The Hold Steady - "Stay Positive"
4. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - "Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!"
3. Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks - "Real Emotional Trash"
2. My Morning Jacket - "Evil Urges"
1. Drive-By Truckers - "Brighter Than Creation's Dark"

Honorable mentions - 
The Black Keys - "Attack And Release"
Of Montreal - "Skeletal Lamping"



10 Best Songs of 2008

10. Drive-By Truckers - "Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife"
9. Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks - "Dragonfly Pie"
8. The Hold Steady - "Lord I'm Discouraged"
7. The Raconteurs - "Consolers Of The Lonely" 
6. Silver Jews - "Candy Jail"
5. Fleet Foxes - "Ragged Wood"
4. Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - "As Tall As Cliffs"
3. The Whigs - "Right Hand On My Heart"
2. My Morning Jacket - "Highly Suspicious"
1. Avett Brothers - "Murder In The City"

There's my list. It might suck to you. But personally I think this was one of the best music years I've had the pleasure of living through.

No comments: