the motions

Friday, February 26, 2010

More updates....

Hello friends and family,

We're excited about a lot of things coming up.
For one, we're playing at Mellow Mushroom tonight for SweetDog's birthday with Baak Gwai, River City Tanlines, and Jeff Evans and his Southern Aces. I'm telling you, this will be a phenomenal concert. PHENOMENAL. I promise.

Tomorrow night, we'll be playing at the Heritage Academy Beauty Review. Now this event is ironic for me as I have previously vowed never to step foot in my former high school again. But I will be there. We're only playing for 15 - 20 minutes so we'll play some interesting things.

Our big news of the week is that we will officially be at SXSW.
It's the Pop Culture Press party at the Dog and Duck Pub on Thursday, March 18th. I believe we'll be playing around 1 p.m.
Other bands on the bill include, Moonlight Towers, Service Industry, and the Meat Puppets. This will be our first show in Austin since July, so we're very very excited to be playing. It's an honor for us.

New Record news:
Still writing songs. We have almost 7 done. I believe that we will solely release our next record on vinyl, with options for digital downloads and what not. There's no point in putting out a CD when all people do is just buy it, then put it on their computer, then lose the CD. So yeah, that's my take on it. I plan on having it out by the end of the year.


Thank you all,

-toby

Currently Listening - "Hardwire Healing" by Dexateens. Southern rock'n'roll. Listen to it. See them live.

No comments: