the motions

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Things....

Hello all,

I apologize that it's been 2 months since the last update. My top records of the decade list was shit. I'll admit it. I have no idea what I was thinking I feel like an idiot.

We've been playing shows left and right. Writing new songs. Getting beaten up by women.

Some new song titles:
Don't Know What You Want
I Think I Want To Love You
Out At Sea
58 Degrees With Sprinkles
Baby, I Need You

Those 5 are done. They're evolving more and more with every show. I forgot how exciting it is to play new material. The reaction so far is great, but I wouldn't tell you if it was bad. So you'll have to form your own opinion.

I'm really wanting to record soon. We've got to finish up 5 or 6 more songs then we'll hit the studio. This record will be very different. A lot of keys. A lot of background vocals, but not in the same way as the last record. More textures. Not as simple as the last one. Hopefully, we'll be able to better capture our live performance on the new record. Our punk influence is so far nonexistent on these songs. But who knows? My favorite is "I Think I Want To Love You." Prepare to hear some profanities this time round. Nothing too bad. But some of these songs are very angry lyrically. I really hope people like it. It'll be different for us. I'd like to have a new record out within the next 5 or 6 months. Maybe sooner. This album will definitely mesh better than the last one, not that the last one was erratic. These songs perfectly portray our recent emotions about life.

We'll be playing SXSW in Austin this year. I'm not sure of the exact place. I believe we're playing with the Meat Puppets, Moonlight Towers, and the Service Industry. I love Austin with all of my heart.

We're playing Sweetdog's birthday on Friday, February 26th at the Mellow Mushroom in Tuscaloosa. There's some great bands on the bill, so make sure to come out.
We're playing at the Heritage Academy Beauty Review in Columbus, MS on February 27th. Yes, the Heritage Academy Beauty Review. It'll be hilarious to put my feet in my former high school again. We're going to open with "The Road." Whether it'll be extended or not, I have no idea.

We're all trucking away through high school and college. Or trying to truck through I should say.

Our grandfather, Jimmy Jordan, joined us onstage for "Rockin In The Free World" last Saturday. Never has that song been so powerful.

We love each and every one of you.

Hope all's well,

-toby

Currently Listening -
"Transference" by Spoon. Goodness, this record is phenomenal. It's on the turntable at Coleman's house right now actually. If you haven't listened to this, go do so now. Don't read the pathetic review in The Reflector. It sounds great.