the motions

Sunday, April 25, 2010

It was a pretty crazy weekend.

Hello all,

I'm really trying to get more consistent in updating this thing.

What does everyone think about the new picture? You should see it right above this post. I'm kinda digging it. FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS. Thanks to Elliott McPherson for taking the picture.

So on to this past weekend, Friday night was the much anticipated return of Moonlight Towers to the Golden Triangle. It was a fun show. I thought they played great. I was really happy with our performance as well. James even joined us for Rockin' In The Free World. So that was cool. It was most definitely an interesting night. We sold some CD's, which is always a plus. Thank you to each and every one of you who came out.

On Saturday, we had to wake up early in the morning and get our asses to Memphis for the next show. The thing we played at was called a Rock'n'Romp. It was an incredible event. Honestly, I was more impressed by this thing than anything we've been a part of. I'm not sure of all the details, but apparently some Memphis musicians/parents started this thing to get their children involved in the local music/arts scene. Which is a brilliant idea. They treated us incredibly well. Over 500 people were in attendence, even though there was a thunderstorm happening. The fact that it's only 5 dollars to get in and you get to see some great music, eat food, and all kids get in free make this a great time. Really, thank you Memphis. We'll be back, I assure you.

Now, it's 9 o'clock on Sunday night. I've got our new copy of "The Moon and Antarctica" from Record Store Day on the turntable. I hope everyone is doing well.

We play Egan's this coming Friday, there's nothing like coming home.

-toby

Currently listening: "The Moon and Antarctica" - Modest Mouse.
I already said this. But this is a phenomenal record. Give it a chance.

1 comment:

bowen.robertson said...

good picture in my opinion, looks like you guys are growing up fast.. good stuff.