the motions

Thursday, April 22, 2010

On the eve of the big day...

Hello all,

First off, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who's ever come to a show, bought a record, heard a song, or anything. We've been at it about 3 years or so and really appreciate all the support we've had over these years. I feel we have a ton of years left in us. We couldn't do it without y'all, and we are very thankful of it.

Last Saturday was Record Store Day. Now I think this thing is a wonderful idea for the independent music community. It gives me, at least, a sense of feeling like I belong to something special. We celebrated the day at Oz Music in good ole Tuscaloosa, AL. Roll Tide. We got to pick up some really cool exclusives, including a sweet John Lennon singles thing, and got to watch some killer bands play. Actually, we played also. It went great. The crowd was phenomenal, there was a good amount of people there, we got to play to a ton of new faces. Just a very cool experience and event. I'm sure it will keep growing also. That excites me.

This night is the eve of two very big events in my life.
The first one is we're going to be sharing the stage with Moonlight Towers at the Ritz Theatre in West Point, MS. This is a big deal for a few reasons. James Stevens, the lead singer for Moonlight Towers, produced our first record over a year ago in Austin, TX at EAR. He also happens to be a West Point native. Now being from the Golden Triangle myself, I take great pride in it's music scene. I think it's great that we'll be playing a show together. Almost two years ago, we played with the Towers at Zachary's in Columbus, MS. We were a completely different band at that point. I apologize to everyone at that show. I swear we've gotten better. James took us under his wing and helped us grow into the band we are today. We couldn't thank him more.
Again, this show is at the Ritz Theatre in West Point, MS. Doors open at 8. 20 dollar cover. We should start around 9, with Moonlight Towers following us.

Another reason tomorrow is special:
I'll be turning 20 years old. As Mr. Bond says, "You're leavin' your teens behind." Now, the feelings I have right now are kind of odd. It feels weird to be leaving my teens behind. The oldest member in the band besides me is only 17. So I guess I just feel like I'm leaving something behind. I am excited about what my twenties will bring. I'm hopeful that I won't go too crazy. Someone today told me, it's all downhill from here. I refuse to believe that. I'm going to make it bigger and better.

Also, our next record might be called "Military Road." I'm positively thrilled with how the songs are coming along. I hope you all like it too.

-toby

Taste of the day:
Neil Young - "Tonight's The Night"
I've never been the biggest Neil Young fan, but this one turned me into it. Listen to it yourself and hear why.

Thank you all so much. We love you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

One cannot base what life will be like simply on his age. If that were the case, you would be living one big stereotype.
Sad I missed Record Store Day, I had every intention of swinging by Oz. Dang bridal showers.
I know you guys were awesome.
Happy birthday! And welcome to the roaring 20s.